Saturday, November 27, 2010

1993 and some Nirvana

Now I am sorry it took me so long to post about Queen. It really was the hardest one for me to do because I know that I could talk to just about anyone and they'd know the band Queen and pretty much all those songs.

Now it's time for 1993! I'm actually excited to do this year. There's some really good stuff along with some stuff that's just so ridiculous that I had to have it... like Ace of Base.... I hope you all love some of this stuff as much as I do. Now the bands are gonna be a bit more contemporary to 1993 unlike all the ones I've done previously. The albums I had in 1992 were mostly all Greatest Hits collections, except for Tom Waits' Bone Machine.


There's something else that I want to do now. Something that I decided on since my first introduction. When I get to the post where I introduce the year, let you all know what's coming up, give updates, etc.... I'm also gonna have some of the single songs I have that I don't have the full albums to go along with them.



I thought this picture was hilarious when I saw it, so I thought I'd share it with everyone. I also have some Bush coming up in 1994, so you'll be able to see the next one down.

With this year there are only a couple Nirvana songs, so I can have videos for them both, but later I might just have to have a few videos and give mention to some of the other great songs. Mostly I try to keep albums, so there shouldn't be too many songs for most years...

I really am gonna be going all over the place as far as genres. Nirvana here, and before there was Talking Heads, Tom Waits, Lionel Richie and Queen. There really should be something for everyone showing up on this blog, or at least that's what I'm hoping for. I know not everyone likes Nirvana, my parents among them... But I like them and they're here in my library so I will post them. and for those of you wondering why there isn't more Nirvana, I just don't have the rest of this album... I do have Nevermind from 1991 though.



I really am happy to have 17 followers already. For only having done 5 posts before this, I'm impressed. I just have to catch up with my other blogger friends! So eventually I'm gonna have to do a give away or something, since that seems to get a lot of followers, but those will come later. The more people I know are following, the more likely I am to post, so send me lots of comments and share my blog with your friends!

As for 1993, the albums coming up are these.
Everybody Else is Doing it, So Why Can't We - The Cranberries
A Liturgy, A Legacy & A Ragamuffin Band - Rich Mullins
Pablo Honey - Radiohead
August and Everything After - Counting Crows
So Far So Good - Bryan Adams
The Sign - Ace of Base
So Tonight That I Might See - Mazzy Star

I would love to know which of these albums you haven't heard, so that I can cover them more in depth. I love critique also, if there's something you think I could do to make the blog better, I'd love to hear it.

I'm thinking I'll start a little game. Every time I start a new year I'll let everyone guess at what my favorite album from that year was, and I'll keep track of who gets the most right, and maybe there will be prizes or something. So send me a comment with a guess of what you think my favorite album is. This should be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... Judging from recent things I guess August and Everything After...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely August and Everything After, isn't that your favorite album of the Counting Crows?

    ReplyDelete